Applications for the Universities Canada Postdoctoral Scholarship are now being accepted from eligible applicants. It is an all-inclusive scholarship provided by Universities Canada for all students.
About the Scholarship
The voice of Canadian universities both at home and abroad is Universities Canada. We are a membership-based association that gives university presidents a collective voice for advanced learning, research, and innovation.
These yearly grants, funded by the Weston Family Foundation, are among the most distinguished in the nation for students seeking master’s, doctorate, or postdoctoral fellowships.
Universities Canada Postdoctoral Scholarship Benefits
1. The Weston Family Foundation intends to fund up to four (4) fellowships for postdoctoral students during the 2023–2024 program year.
2. Each scholarship is worth $100,000 over a period of two years, with funding for the next year conditioned upon satisfactory advancement in the proposed field of study during the preceding year.
3. Each award is worth $50,000 over a two-year period.
Requirements for Universities Canada Postdoctoral Scholarship
Candidates for the awards program’s postdoctoral level must:
1. Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada at the time of application.
2. Be approved to begin a postdoctoral fellowship in a Canadian university or eligible Canadian research center as of the application deadline, under the supervision of a faculty member or research scientist.
3. Conduct natural science research with an emphasis on Canada’s North.
4. Have received permission for their study project, including any necessary ethics evaluations and/or research permits, by the time they begin their award;
5. Finish all PhD prerequisites by June 1, 2023, or have earned a doctorate no earlier than two years prior to the application deadline (this time limit may be extended to three years provided the applicant has at least six months of post-degree employment experience in government or industry).
Click HERE to apply
The deadline for applications is January 24, 2023.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, do well to drop a message for us by using the comment button below. Also, do well to share this piece of information with your friends and family across all social platforms.