Applications for the Western Michigan University Scholarships are now being accepted from eligible students. It is an all-inclusive scholarship offered by Western Michigan University to all students.
About the Scholarship
The WMU Global Education Merit Scholarship provides first-time overseas students with a scholarship with yearly rewards of $5,000 based on merit (distributed at $2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters) for a maximum of 4 years (equal to 8 semesters for Fall and Spring semesters).
Scholarships are exclusively given for tuition. The scholarship helps you succeed at WMU, one of the most cost-effective public research universities in the Midwest of the United States.
International students are connected to extra financial opportunities like on-campus work and other funding sources by WMU’s International Student and Scholar Services (I3S), a division of the Haenicke Institute for Global Education.
Benefits of Western Michigan University Scholarships
The Western Michigan University Global Education Merit Scholarship provides first-time international students with a scholarship with yearly rewards of $5,000 based on merit (distributed at $2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters) for a maximum of 4 years (equal to 8 semesters for Fall and Spring semesters).
Scholarships are exclusively given for tuition.
Conditions for Scholarships Western Michigan University
1. Complete academic admission with receipt of the required Personal Statement essay AND all application materials by March 1, 2023. There is no need for an additional application.
2. By the deadline, you must submit a one-page (maximum 500-word) typewritten essay with your online application.
Highlight your curricular and co-curricular accomplishments and activities that are relevant to your present objectives and ambitions at Western Michigan University and beyond in the essay.
3. Undergraduate degree-seeking student enrolling at WMU for the first time after high school or transferring from another post-secondary institution during the FALL semester. Undergraduate degree pathway programs are included.
4. International non-resident status.
5. Intentions to enroll F-1 SEVIS active full-time students in the United States.
6. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 (on a four-point scale).
Documents Needed for the Application
1. A duplicate of the passport identification page.
2. Evidence of English proficiency.
3. Transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended or currently attending, including diplomas, exam results, mark sheets, and certificates.
4. A non-refundable application fee of $100.
5. Evidence of adequate money for the first academic year of study at WMU based on the expected cost of attendance.
Click HERE to apply
The deadline for applications is March 1, 2023.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, do well to drop a message for us by using the comment button below. Also, do well to share this piece of information with your friends and family across all social platforms.